THE SECRET TO BOOSTING ENERGY DURING DARK WINTER MONTHS




I started to feel really tired towards the end of the Nowember while I felt that I ate too much greasy and sweet food. I felt that even a cup of coffee didn't help and although I was still taking my green smoothie almost every morning it was not giving me the energy boost it usually does.

Then I got Sarah Cadji's book Pure:Juicing for life as a gift from my man and there was the answer - juicing veggies. I got really excited after glancing the book. I have been juicing before but somehow I was more enthusiastic about smoothies than juicing. Maybe because it is so difficult to wash the juicer as it consists from so many parts and I also didn't know many juice recipes before.

I went to the supermarket to buy some vegetables and fruits and the next day I started with green breakfast juice. I could feel the difference immediately, it worked better than a double espresso, I felt that I was full of energy, I was awake and ready for the day ahead.        

I felt so good that I was looking forward for my afternoon juice that was beetroot color mix of veggies and fruits. I even made a juice for that evening too as most of them remain good and full of vitamins and nutrients if you keep them 12 hours in refrigerator.Store the juice in the glass jar.

The recipes are based on the principle that the greatest proportion of the juice will always be made from raw vegetables with just a small amount of fruit, herbs spices added for flavour. Remember that it is very important to wash the vegetables and fruits really well.

One of the best things about juicing is that you don't have to change anything at your diet but add these juices. Anyhow, one of the side effects is that you will start to make more healthy food choices naturally as you start to feel better and better after each juice you have enjoyed. 

Below I post few of my favorite juice recipes in case you want to try them:



Green  morning booster:

- 2 handfuls of cale
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 apple
1/2 lemon (squeezed or juiced)
- 1/2 handful of mint 




Pink power at the lunch time:

- 2 organic carrots
- 1 beetroot (don't have to peel it) 
- 1 apple
1/2 handful of coriander  



I hope you guys enjoy juicing and are able to boost your energy-levels by doing it during the darker  winter months! I just arrived to Canary Islands with my family so next postings will be from this sunny, beautiful islands. lots of light and 💕  

 Jutta



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNNY DAYS AND YOGA AT CANARY ISLANDS PART I

Sun salutations prenatal yoga sequence

OUR BABY IS HERE