July in Finland is Lovely


For the first time in many years I will spend the entire month of July in Finland. Usually I have been traveling somewhere during this hot summer month as it has been more quiet time for  the yoga studios and perfect time for my holidays. Now I am on my maternity leave and my activities are more limited this time. One month before the due date it is not recommended to fly on an airplane. To be honest I have really enjoyed these much more local holidays that have been about letting go of work schedules and hectic plans that I have usually done for my holidays abroad. 



I love to have new experiences and to explore new places so this has been something quite new for me. 

This time we have been spending time at the beaches and islands close to our home. It is lovely to wake up slow and then prepare a nice picnic breakfast or brunch and take it to the beach or enjoy it at our backyard without the need to rush anywhere. 


I have been able to really slow down and let go. 


It has been wonderful to be able to spend some quality time with good friends too.


Strawberry cakes are traditionally part of July'
s celebrations and coffee breaks on sunny days.



 I have been noticing more the incredible beauty around us when the nature is blooming, everything is so green and plants are flowering in different colors. I have been listening sounds of the birds, waves of the sea and the silence more than before. All this has brought me even closer to our baby who will soon to be born. I have felt a beautiful and very strong connection with her when I have been meditating in silence. This time not the big  mind blowing events and holiday experiences, but small and ordinary things have made this July so wonderful for me.      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sun salutations prenatal yoga sequence

SUNNY DAYS AND YOGA AT CANARY ISLANDS PART II

SUNNY DAYS AND YOGA AT CANARY ISLANDS PART I